6'3" (1.91 m)
275 lbs. (124 kg)
Anarki is an Arena Lord and a playable character from Quake 3 Arena.
Anarki is the Arena Lord of Tier 4, awaits you at Vertical Vengeance (q3tourney4). Tourney4 is a complex map with 3 floors of catwalks around a hightower. Hotly contested areas are the top floors always. Anarki is hard to take down once he's boosted in his own tower when given the chance. He has lightning fast reflexes in higher difficulties and quite accurate with a large arsenal of weapons. That means if you miss your first chance to surprise him, he'll locate you, counter-act and fight back in no time.
He generally favors Rocket Launcher, switches back to Plasma Gun and Railgun from time to time. However he's pretty weak in using Machine Gun from far distances. Still that doesn't mean he can't take you out with the rest of his arsenal. Given chance to get stacked, Anarki can be a menace when provoked and start a rampage easily against anyone. He boasts as the fastest reaction time Arena Leader with really high accuracy, and always playing aggressive.
When playing against Anarki, his name is displayed in a rainbow of colors. Instead of making footstep noises, his hoverboard emits a low hum. His mouth appears to be sewn shut, so he makes various humming noises when in pain. He has various cybernetic implants, such as a large spike on his shoulder, a plate on his back, very powerful legs, and a small virtual reality goggle welded on his face. Enhancements left him as a half-dead cyber punk with sugar addiction, but since he has deadly reflexes and virtual reality surrounding him, he never needed anything else.
The other names other bots call him are "Doood", "Cyber-Surfer", "Mumbles", "PAB", "Cyber-Scarecrow", "Freak-Boy". (The last two of which reference his appearance)
- 1 Quake 3 Bio
- 2 Quotes
- 2.1 Entering the game
- 2.2 Leaving the game
- 2.3 New level starts
- 2.4 Anarki first in the final rankings
- 2.5 Anarki neither first, nor last in final rankings
- 2.6 Anarki last in final rankings
- 2.7 Hit while chat bubble was visible
- 2.8 Hit by opponent's weapon
- 2.9 Hit an opponent without killing them
- 2.10 Killed by telefrag
- 2.11 Killed by falling damage
- 2.12 Killed by drowning
- 2.13 Dies in slime
- 2.14 Dies in lava
- 2.15 Anarki accidentally kills self (e.g. with splash damage)
- 2.16 Killed by Gauntlet attack
- 2.17 Killed by Railgun
- 2.18 Killed by BFG 10K
- 2.19 Anarki died (insult)
- 2.20 Anarki died (praise)
- 2.21 Anarki kills someone with the Gauntlet
- 2.22 Anarki kills someone with the Railgun
- 2.23 Anarki telefragged someone
- 2.24 Player kills self
- 2.25 Anarki kills someone (insult)
- 2.26 Anarki kills someone (praise)
- 2.27 Random insults
- 2.28 Random chats
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
Quake 3 Bio
Anarki is the quintessential cyberpunk. With his augmentation and enhancements, he's supplied with a constant overlay of graphical data. The world around him is reduced to a surrealistic virtual reality experience, but the damage he dishes out is very, very real.
Entering the game
- "I feel the need for speed. Road trip on the cyber-highway!"
- "Hehehe, I am the master of your cyber-space nightmares."
- "Jacked in, powered up, and ready to scatter."
- "Oh ~d00d! (current map name), is like my totally favorite place to hang."
- "Whoaaaa, (random player name)! You are like, totally ancient.
Leaving the game
- "'O-H' time, ~d00d. Outta here!"
- "Cya, (random player name). I'm looking for some real talent."
- "I ride in kewler circles, lamer. CU L8r."
- "(current map name), rocks, but I gotta buzz outa here.
New level starts
- "Hey, ", (random player name), "! Old, slow and ugly is no way to go through life, ~d00d."
- "Woohoo! Can you feel that rush?"
- "Welcome to life on the edge!"
- "Anarki has entered the tube!"
- "Whoa! Headrush. I haven't even had breakfast yet."
Anarki first in the final rankings
- "Whoa! I just completely messed you up, (random player name)."
- "Boring tour, (fighter) ~d00dZ. Like, how do I get into the main room?"
- "Anarki: 1, Llamas: 0."
- "~Major bummer for you, (player in last place) dude."
- "You lamers running 96 baud, or what?"
- "I'm the undertaker, cuz you were dead before we began."
Anarki neither first, nor last in final rankings
- "Reboot! Reboot!"
- "Totally bummed, ~d00d. The fun's over."
- "Charging the board for round ~two."
- "I need a better ping."
- "Anyone up for a (food) break?"
- "This is totally bogus. You were totally bogarting all the weapons, (player ranked first)!"
- "Next round, I'm using my board."
Anarki last in final rankings
- "Bad connection ... gotta be the connection."
- "Static on the line. Yeah, it was static."
- "System overload, ~d00d. I'm multitasking way too much here."
- "Not possible! Check your data tables!"
- "How did I lose to a llama like you, (player ranked first)?"
- "Fragged by vidiots."
- "Fragged by (sighter)s!"
Hit while chat bubble was visible
- "~D00d! like, you're taking this age-and-treachery crap too far, (attacker)!"
- "New board, ~d00d. You're about to see it up real close."
Hit by opponent's weapon
- "~D00d, you, like, totally slagged my board!"
- "Temporary glitch, (attacker), I'm telling you."
- "Enjoy the moment, ancient ~one. It ain't lasting."
- "Watch where you're pointing that thing, ~d00d."
- "Aim higher, (attacker)! Watch out for the board, man!"
- "Whoa, ~d00d, that was, like, totally hostile!"
Hit an opponent without killing them
- "Hey, (opponent)! I smoked your six, man."
- "Hehe. (opponent), I can't believe I hit you with my eyes closed."
- "Nice catch, (opponent) ~d00d. Next time try it with your mouth."
- "Your server kick you yet, (opponent)?"
- "(opponent), you can't even catch my vid trail!"
- "Hehe, there's an asterisk for your URL, (opponent)!"
Killed by telefrag
- "You knocked me off my board, ~d00d."
- "Wow. I feel like I'm in the middle of a download."
- "Whoaaaa, like, overclockin' brain drain!"
Killed by falling damage
- "Woaaaah, Take a load off ~granny."
- "Ctrl-Alt-Del! Ctrl-Alt-Del!"
Killed by drowning
- "I'd rather drown than fight you lamers."
- "Who filled the pool? ~d00d!"
- "Crashed and splashed!"
Dies in slime
- "Oh man! Old d00d filled his diaper."
- "Ewh. Feels like I caught a virus."
- "Cafeteria food! Oh, puke, ~d00d."
Dies in lava
- "New road! Oh man! Tar's not dry yet!"
- "Save the board! Save the board!"
- "Hard to mosh in here."
Anarki accidentally kills self (e.g. with splash damage)
- "Permanently kicked."
- "~There's a report card I'm not taking home, ~d00d."
- "Is there, like, a make-up quiz?"
Killed by Gauntlet attack
- "(attacker)! You overcharged my batteries, ~d00d."
- "Illegal search! Illegal sear..."
- "(attacker), ~d00d, how'd you get through my surge protector?"
- "Whoaaaaa, (attacker), ~d00d! I think you knocked a coupla my chips loose."
- "You are like way too stressed out, (attacker), ~d00d."
Killed by Railgun
- "What? No fair, ~d00d!"
- "Pisser shot, (attacker)."
- "Are you, like, jacking in from (place), (attacker)"?"
- "Now there's ~one happy camper."
Killed by BFG 10K
- "D0000d, you, like, totally fragged me!";
- "Metal, dude, lots of metal."
- "~D00D! I'm Pi22a toppin6! (attacker)"
Anarki died (insult)
- "I can't believe a lamer like you got me, (attacker)."
- "You must have, like, gone to church this morning, right (attacker)?"
- "How many walls did that bounce off of before it hit me, (attacker)?"
- "Score ~one for ol' (attacker). 1 more 'K' like that and I'll let you try my board."
- "Chaos theory in action, (attacker)."
- "Nice shot, PC Junior. What's that, (attacker), like a Y1K thing?"
Anarki died (praise)
- "Bow to the (attacker) ~d00d, king of the tube!"
- "Catch some air, o' worthy old ~one, and hold your fists up high!"
- "(attacker)! ~D00d, you have obviously been at this for a long time."
- "Who's the ~Man? Who's the ~Man?"
- "I didn't know you could still move like that, (attacker)!"
- "Whoa! Stretch that old arm, (attacker), and pat yourself on the back."
Anarki kills someone with the Gauntlet
- "I'm too quick and you're too lame, (opponent)."
- "Board movin' too fast for you to keep up, O' (opponent) ~d00d?"
- "~D00d! Up to my elbow! Awesome!"
- "Spankity Spank!"
Anarki kills someone with the Railgun
- "Commuter ~rail, exit left!"
- "Gotta move quicker than that, (opponent)"
- "See, (opponent), that's what V-Chips are made for."
- "D00d! That puddle was your brain? Awesome!"
- "You've got ~rail!"
- "Whoaaaaaa! ~D00d!! I, like, knocked your frags all the way to (place)!"
- "Totally awesome."
- "I RAWK!"
Anarki telefragged someone
- "Go defrag your drive, (opponent), ~d00d. You're scattered."
- "You think you own the sidewalk, (opponent)?"
- "Yer stew meat, (opponent)?"
Player kills self
- "Face it, (player name), you suck."
- "It wasn't even pretty. (player name), dude. You can't even do that right."
- "Is your picture in the dictionary next to 'lamer', (player name)?"
- "Self-inflicted frag! (player name) enters domain of the totally stupid!"
Anarki kills someone (insult)
- "Don't bleed so much, (opponent), ~d00d. Makes the road slippery."
- "You've got Virus, (opponent)."
- (opponent) at dead dot com."
- "I'm ~lightning and you got no surge protector, (opponent)."
- "I am the busy signal on your dial-up modem, (opponent)."
- "What a lamer!"
- (opponent) is now connecting to MORTICIAN.COM."
- (opponent), I formatted your sorry butt."
- (opponent) = LAMER!"
Anarki kills someone (praise)
- "Not your fault, (opponent), ~d00d. You don't got the 'gig' to handle my code."
- "Cool, d00d! You should see the look on your face."
- "Nice move, (opponent). If you had a board under you, I never would've got you."
- "Not bad for an opening act, (opponent)."
- "I'll put that notch high on the board, (opponent)."
- "Good fight, (opponent), ~d00d. Next time we'll run together."
- "I'll high-five you, (opponent) ... if you re-attach your hand."
- "~D00000d, I almost feel bad!"
- "Are you, like, pretending to be a statue, (random player name)? Good disguise!"
- "Who wrote your program, (random player name)? Like, Benjamin Franklin?"
- "Try a game-pad, fat fingers. You're, like, hitting all the wrong keys."
- "Bend over and hold your arm out straight so I can catch a slide."
- "How do I get into your Lamers' Clique?"
- "Charging my batteries is tougher than fragging you, (last victim)."
- (random player name) looks like a binary meltdown to me."
- (random player name), ~d00d, you're a waste of good silicon."
- (random player name), ~d00d, were you like, sad, when the dinosaurs died?"
- "Anyone wanna sell a ticket?"
- "Aww! Freakin' gum. Who dropped it on the stairs?"
- "Dude cut the cheese."
- "Hey, if you rearrange the letters, this URL spells (rearrange)."
- Players generally hit a wall on their first encounter with Anarki. That's because of Vertical Vengeance includes more long range fights than any previous tourney map. Although Anarki puts player's reflexes and whole map control in test.
- He has the fastest reaction time among arena leaders at highest difficulty, also have fastest turning speed. When you put this fact next to his accuracy, it's not hard to guess that he can dish out serious damage unless you're prepared. If you try to clash a fight depending on your reflexes you'll definitely lose until you surprise him first.
- If you look at the player respawn and weapon spawn points in the map, you'll see that it requires time to gather some weapons after getting fragged, use this against Anarki. He fights reckless and completely aggressive. When given chance to get a stack going, Anarki can outgun anyone with a streak of kills.
- Players should roam the map quickly and approach to keep him busy when he's newly respawned and weak. In no time player can dominate vital areas of the map and beat him. Key point is strafe jumping and bunny hopping to accelerate and locate Anarki before he lays a hand on an important weapon or item.
- Listen to the item respawn noises and know item respawn times. This map is a special one to have metallic, crackling and buzzing respawn noises on important items. Megahealth spawns every 2 minutes and Heavy Armor spawns at every 25 seconds. If you manage to pick Megahealth and Heavy Armor in time, match will be pretty easy without ever needing to dive for below floors.
- Try to stay on the top floor along the fight and watch over lower floors. Keep checking important item spawns and Rocket Launcher spawn from above, as he'll be only threatening when he has RL or Railgun inside the mid-tower.
- Do not permit him to get Railgun at the middle of the map. Keep the door under the Heavy Armor ledge at the middle floor controlled. As he can snuck in and reach RG via an accelerator pad.
- If he throws you out from the mid tower, and become buffed you better try and take your chance with weakening him with accurate Railgun and Rocket Launcher shots, avoid direct contact and refrain from using bouncepads when he's around lose him by using doors.
As a small affection, designers put a small image of a Lost Soul from Doom series on his hoverboard.
To achieve a colorful name like Anarki, player should enter color codes before the text they want to get colored. Color codes in Q3A always start with "^" character followed by a certain number related to the color: 1: red, 2: green, 3: yellow, 4: blue, 5: cyan, 6: pink, 7: white, 8: black. Regarding to this, Anarki's colorful name is decoded as: "^1A^2n^3a^4r^5k^6i".
- earthli.com, Quake III Arena Warriors, Anarki
Tier 0 (Crash) · Tier 1 (Ranger · Phobos · Mynx · Orbb · Sarge) · Tier 2 (Bitterman · Grunt · Hossman · Daemia · Hunter) · Tier 3 (Gorre · Wrack · Angel · Slash · Klesk) · Tier 4 (Lucy · Tank Jr. · Biker · Patriot · Anarki) · Tier 5 (Razor · Visor · Stripe · Keel · Uriel) · Tier 6 (Bones · Cadaver · Doom · Sorlag · Major) · Tier 7 (Xaero)
|Weapons||BFG 10K · Gauntlet · Grenade Launcher · Lightning Gun · Machine Gun · Plasma Gun · Railgun · Rocket Launcher · Shotgun|
|Ammo||Bullets · Shells · Grenades · Rockets · Lightning · Slugs · Cells · BFG Ammo|
|Powerups||Armor(Light)(Heavy) · Armor Shard · Battle Suit · Flight · Haste · Health · Invisibility · Megahealth · Personal Medkit · Personal Teleporter · Quad Damage · Regeneration|