|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
|“||This is the standard issue rechargeable energy side-arm. It does not require ammunition. Useful for taking down Guards as well as exploding barrels and setting off shootable buttons and secret doors. Keep one on you at all times.||”|
—The Quake II Manual
- Bitterman starts with this weapon. Use it on the Guards until you get the Shotgun. Once you get the Shotgun, Do not use it on ANYTHING stronger than a guard, because you might as well be throwing wads of paper.
- A benefit to the Blaster is that it does not require ammunition to function, so its application is best employed on things other than combat, such as destroying the environment.
- You can light up your way in the dark corridors (however, you can accidentally alert monsters to your presence).
- With Quad Damage, it can kill ANY Guard in 1 shot. Otherwise, it's quite useless.
- In Ground Zero it is useful for taking out Turrets, crouching before the room entrance and slightly walking ahead, looking at the ceiling until you can see turret, but it can't see you - then keep at this position and fire about 20 shots or more until the turret is down. This is a good strategy against turrets as it saves your ammo.
- You'll respawn with it every time you die. The Blaster is more or less useless, as experienced players will quickly dodge its slow projectiles and wipe you out even before you get a hit.
- Some players may deliberately choose to use only the Blaster as a form of challenge, or to prove how skillful they are.
- The blaster can also be used as a humiliation weapon, If you think your target has low health try using the blaster for a humiliation kill!
- However, despite all its weaknesses, it must be noted that the blaster does share the anti-armor properties of most energy weapons in the game.
- To effectively use it, it's advised to catch other players from behind, when they're busy; hurdling over obstacles or trying to pick up armor.
- As long as you have ammunition for Hyperblaster, you shouldn't need Blaster besides environmental actions. Hyperblaster will be a better answer for armored targets.
|Organization||Terran Coalition of Man · Strogg|
|Characters||Bitterman · Viper · Willits|
|Expansions||The Reckoning · Ground Zero|
|Enemies||Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard · Barracuda Shark · Enforcer · Berserker · Gunner · Flyer · Parasite · Mutant · Brains · Medic · Icarus · Technician · Gladiator · Iron Maiden · Arachnid · Tank · Tank Commander|
|Bosses||Super Tank · Hornet · Guardian · Jorg · Makron|
|Weapons||Blaster · Shotgun · Super Shotgun · Machine Gun · Chain Gun · Grenade · Grenade Launcher · Rocket Launcher · Railgun · Hyperblaster · BFG10k|
|Ammo||Bullets · Shells · Grenades · Rockets · Slugs · Cells|
Armor (Armor Shard · Jacket Armor · Combat Armor · Body Armor · Energy Armor) · Health (Stimpack · Medikit · Megahealth · Adrenaline) · Ammo Pack · Bandolier · Enviro-Suit · Invulnerability · Key · Quad Damage · Rebreather · Silencer