Basin or Basin DM is the first level of DEATHMATCH Maps. This level is considered by Jim Lowell to be his first serious attempt to make a level in THRED. This level mainly consists of a single room with multiple levels, the bottom being submerged in a pool of Water. A .3DT version of this map is included with THRED as an example file.
This level is a slightly modified version of the original version, Entering Basin. Unlike the aforementioned level, there is a music track, The Journey. Due to the Aftershock Level Theme, the Movable Wall on the top floor is also a proper Door. There is also no custom message upon exiting the level.
The Aftershock Toolbox comes with a modified version of this level that properly goes to DMAS02: DeCarlo. This file is intended to be used with the original Aftershock for Quake since DMAS02 is not provided in the Aftershock Toolbox.
Quick Level Completion
- Proceed forward to head off the platform and drop into the Water.
- Turn around, then go through the doorway to your left to reach a small room.
- Proceed forward to reach an Elevator.
- Wait for the Elevator to ascend, then turn around.
- Proceed forward and head through the Door.
- Jump over the small barrier, then proceed forward to exit the level.
- Grenade Launcher side of Top Floor, drops to Water Level.
- Roof of small room of Water Level.
- Central Platform, 25 Health side.
- Second Outer Lip, Nails side.
- Second Outer Lip, 25 Health side.
- Top Floor, raised platform closer to Elevator.
Important Item Locations
- Double-Barrelled Shotgun - Middle of Central Platform.
- Nailgun - Top Floor side of Water Level, opposite doorway to small room.
- Super Nailgun - Water Level, platform of small room.
- Grenade Launcher - First Outer Lip, Nailgun side.
- Rocket Launcher - Small room of Top Floor.
- Nailgun on Top Floor side, opposite doorway to small room.
- Super Nailgun and Nails on platform of small room.
- Rockets below platform in small room.
- Elevator in small room leading to Top Floor.
First Outer Lip
- Double-Barrelled Shotgun on middle of platform.
- 25 Health at top of ramp leading to Grenade Launcher side of First Outer Lip.
Second Outer Lip
- Rocket Launcher in small room.
- Door on side opposite Elevator leading to small room.
- Exit Teleporter in small room on side opposite Door.
|Introduction||Aftershock Levels||DMAS02: DeCarlo|