|“||A deadly upgrade to Quake's spawn.||”|
—Dissolution of Eternity Manual
- The main difference between a Hell Spawn and its blueish cousin is the ability to duplicate itself infinitely. Because of this, it should be killed as soon as possible.
- Duplicates (green spawns without orange "eyes") are incapable of further replication and could be dealt with later.
- Hell Spawn activates only second or so after becoming aware of player. If you have noticed it as well this pause allows you to easy kill the monster with a rocket/grenade launcher without giving it the opportunity to make any copies.
- If you see a Hell Spawn in a room full of Enemies, attack it first, preferably from a distance before it starts jumping at you. It has same health as a regular Spawn so it should go down quickly. If it duplicates, though, you can kill the duplicate, which shouldn't be too hard because there is a brief moment before it starts attacking, or run out of the room and try to rain grenades on them from a safe place. Basically, fighting a Hell Spawn boils down to speed and safety.
- "Player" was slimed by a Spawn
- R1M4: Cave of Death (Hard/Nightmare)
- R1M6: Temple of Pain
- R1M7: Tomb of the Overlord
- R2M2: Elemental Fury I
|The Hell Spawn spotting his enemy|
|The Hell Spawn bouncing off a surface|
|The Hell Spawn colliding with their opponent|
|The Hell Spawn duplicates with another Hell Spawn when injured|
|The Hell Spawn being killed|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.