|Will gib when health is||
|“||As the name suggests, this threatening organism has the ability to awaken dead Strogg from eternal sleep.||”|
—Quake 2 manual
In Quake 2, a Medic is a centaur-like Strogg with an ape-like posture that has a rapid-fire blaster for a right arm. It can fire this blaster in a fashion similar to a Blaster Pistol, or fire it rapidly like a Hyperblaster. As the name suggests, the Medic's primary purpose is not to directly engage enemies but to keep other Strogg in fighting shape. It has the ability to revive any enemy in the game as long as its corpse is not gibbed. As soon as it sees a corpse, it'll make a beeline towards it. As it's reviving an enemy, the enemy will glow bright red.
- Alone, a medic is easy to kill. Its blaster does little damage, so you don't have to worry if it hits you. Just make sure to gib any corpses around you before fighting it, but not always.
- With other enemies, the Medic can be a real pain if you don't gib corpses. As soon as you kill an enemy, gib its corpse before it can hit the ground. You need to be quick or the Medic will revive it. Otherwise, the Medic will be a nuisance as best.
- In very rare cases when there are no other enemies or corpses around, the Medic might run away from the player and crouch in a corner to make themselves less visible.
- Player was blasted by a Medic
|The Medic being idle|
|The Medic spotting an opponent|
|The Medic being injured|
|The Medic being killed|
- The Medic never uses the bloodied spike on its left arm as a melee weapon, despite of it looking like one.
- If on a custom map there's Makron and Medic, the Medic will try to revive Makron after its death, after its legs fall to the ground. Medic will shoot the reviving beam at Makron's legs, however then Makron's legs will disappear and a message will say that no-class entity cannot be respawned, so that's possible that after Makron dies, it disappears and two animated corpses appear in the place of Makron's death.
|Organization||Terran Coalition of Man · Strogg|
|Characters||Bitterman · Viper · Willits|
|Expansions||The Reckoning · Ground Zero|
|Enemies||Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard · Barracuda Shark · Enforcer · Berserker · Gunner · Flyer · Parasite · Mutant · Brains · Medic · Icarus · Technician · Gladiator · Iron Maiden · Arachnid · Tank · Tank Commander|
|Bosses||Super Tank · Hornet · Guardian · Jorg · Makron|
|Weapons||Blaster · Shotgun · Super Shotgun · Machine Gun · Chain Gun · Grenade · Grenade Launcher · Rocket Launcher · Railgun · Hyperblaster · BFG10k|
|Ammo||Bullets · Shells · Grenades · Rockets · Slugs · Cells|
Armor (Armor Shard · Jacket Armor · Combat Armor · Body Armor · Energy Armor) · Health (Stimpack · Medikit · Megahealth · Adrenaline) · Ammo Pack · Bandolier · Enviro-Suit · Invulnerability · Key · Quad Damage · Rebreather · Silencer