- 1 Changes to GLQuake
- 2 Level Changes (Going by Hard/Nightmare Difficulty)
- 2.1 MAP 1 The Slipgate Complex
- 2.2 MAP 2 Castle of the Damned
- 2.3 MAP 3 The Necropolis
- 2.4 MAP 7 Ziggurat Vertigo
- 2.5 MAP 4 Gloom Keep
- 2.6 MAP 5 The Door to Chthon
- 2.7 MAP 6 The House of Chthon
- 2.8 MAP 8 The Ogre Citadel
- 2.9 MAP 9 The Crypt of Decay
- 2.10 MAP 12 The Underearth
- 2.11 MAP 10 The Wizards Manse
- 2.12 MAP 11 The Dismal Oubliette
- 2.13 MAP 13 Termination Central
- 2.14 MAP 14 The Vaults of Zin
- 2.15 MAP 15 The Tomb of Terror
- 2.16 MAP 16 Satan's Dark Delight
- 2.17 MAP 17 Chambers of Torment
- 2.18 MAP 18 The Haunted Halls
- 2.19 MAP 19 Tower of Despair
- 2.20 MAP 20 The Elder God Shrine
- 2.21 MAP 21 The Palace of Hate
- 2.22 MAP 22 The Pain Maze
- 2.23 MAP 23 Azure Agony
- 2.24 MAP 24 The Nameless City
- 2.25 MAP 25 Shub-Niggurath's Pit
- 3 Videos
Changes to GLQuake
- There is no Welcome to Quake, rather the difficulty is selected via the main screen.
- Split screen deathmatch for two players, but suffers heavy frame rate drops.
- HUD is not a big box; it only shows Armor, Ammo, and Health.
- Weapon crosshairs
- Different music composed by Aubrey Hodges, but same style (ambient). See Quake 64 Soundtrack for the samples.
- No Cooperative multiplayer.
- Exclusive deathmatch level: The Court of Death
- It is missing the following levels: E1M4: the Grisly Grotto, E2M1: the Installation, E2M4: the Ebon Fortress, E3M5: the Wind Tunnels, E4M1: the Sewage System and E4M5: Hell's Atrium.
- The player has to play through the levels in a linear order, and cannot choose a specific episode.
- Colored lighting, but the lightmaps on world surfaces are pre-rendered. Objects such as enemies, weapons etc. are dynamically lit according to the colored lighting sources. Weapons firing and other moving light sources do not light up rooms, but have a corona around them, similar to the default in GLQuake.
- Six built in configurations for keys
- 320x240 resolution
- Less detailed maps, but graphics look better than vanilla Quake. GLQuake looks better in some ways, however.
- Distortion effect in Fluids on weapons.
- Has no "NIN" (Nine Inch Nails) logo on the Nailgun ammo boxes.
- The Nailgun and the Thunderbolt use different sound effects when they fire.
- Lacks the Dopefish!
- Extra secrets to compensate for the missing levels.
- Death messages in single player are in second person, and show up on the center of the screen.
- Map names are displayed on the center of the screen at the start of each level.
Level Changes (Going by Hard/Nightmare Difficulty)
MAP 1 The Slipgate Complex
- (#5) is removed and the Grunt is on railing
MAP 2 Castle of the Damned
- No Strogg Crates in starting room
- No Wall in Water leading to (#1)
MAP 3 The Necropolis
- Since there is no E1M4 in this version, the secret exit for Ziggurat Vertigo will be located in (#3)
- in the exit room there are no pillars to protect you from Shambler
MAP 7 Ziggurat Vertigo
- In the pyramid square room there is no cubbie hole with 100 Health
MAP 4 Gloom Keep
- There is no arch covering the Fiend on top of the first building, so he will probably be ready to attack you
MAP 5 The Door to Chthon
- When you pick up the Silver Key, there is no message saying "Your way has been lit"
- The Zombies that drop near the Button in the Silver Door room, will already be in the room before you push the button
MAP 6 The House of Chthon
- 8 Shamblers will explode instead of 8 Zombies when you finish the level
MAP 8 The Ogre Citadel
- You now start in the outside area in front of the 2 Buttons and there will be no Knights on the platform
MAP 9 The Crypt of Decay
- All of the Rotfish are replaced with Zombies
- The Fiend is replaced with a Death Knight
MAP 12 The Underearth
- In the Easter Egg room there are no initials and there is a Grenade Launcher and a Quad Damage
MAP 10 The Wizards Manse
All the Death Knights in this level are replaced with a different enemy
MAP 11 The Dismal Oubliette
MAP 13 Termination Central
MAP 14 The Vaults of Zin
MAP 15 The Tomb of Terror
MAP 16 Satan's Dark Delight
MAP 17 Chambers of Torment
MAP 18 The Haunted Halls
MAP 19 Tower of Despair
MAP 20 The Elder God Shrine
MAP 21 The Palace of Hate
MAP 22 The Pain Maze
MAP 23 Azure Agony