The project was born as an atempt by one of the developers at making an modern compatible Quake engine, while retaining the original's look.
- Dynamic Lights
- Fullbright Lights
- Improved Limits.
- Improved Sound system.
- Improved Joystick support for Xbox 360 based controllers. (SDL2 Only)
- Main GLQuake features.
- Main FitzQuake features.
- Numerous Bug-Fixes done to the vanilla engine, such as the Fish Count Bug.
- Optional FitzQuake legacy command-line option.
- Support for 64-bit systems.
- SDL and SDL2 Based executables.
QuakeSpasm has support for external music. Below are the steps in order to get it working.
Firstly create an folder named "music" under the ID1 directory located inside where the .PAK files are stored Secondly copy the music files here QuakeSpasm supports .mp3 and .ogg files.
If you have the mission packs music do the same but for the pack's directory "Rogue" or "Hipnotic"
Quake's soundtrack can be downloaded here It will come with the tracks named "Track002" and so on. Remove one "0" from each track (except Track010 and Track011), or else the game will not be able to locate them.