Ranger looks similar to his previous appearances. However even his face looks like it has a different facial structure, Ranger is still the same old mother****** of the past Quakes.
Two decades ago, a lone marine stepped through the slipgate and into nightmare. He cut through countless horrors to find four eldritch runes, then laid waste to the abomination known as Shub-Niggurath.
Trapped in those realms ever since, he has survived using the power of the Dire Orb seized from within the hot gore of the All-Mother.
Time and delirium have eroded his resolve and even his name, but a worn family photograph tucked away in his armor serves as a scrap of hope and sanity.
Active: Ranger's active ability is the "Dire Orb" which allows him to teleport to the orb's location, which can be used to damage opponents briefly for the collision. The projectile deals 100 damage to anybody it passes through, and can be used as a grenade too, as if not used, it detonates for 50 damage after a few seconds. When used it deals plain detonation damage in a radius and teleport collision adds another 75 damage to any opponent nearby.
Passive (Son of a Gun): Ranger takes 75% less self damage from any weapon.
- Ranger's active ability is a homage to how he killed Quake's final boss, Shub-Niggurath by using the Spiked Sphere to telefrag the All-Mother.
- Ranger used to Telefrag opponents and gib them instantly in a flick with Dire Orb, now that ability is nerfed heavily.
- In his unlockable bio he mentions a mad scientist as the inventor of slipgates.
- He is voiced by Jim Ward.
- Ranger has an family consisting of an Wife and an Daughter, its unknown what happened to them.