Tim Willits is the creative director and former co-owner of id Software.
Willits is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and a former member of the University of Minnesota Army ROTC program. Willits was the battalion cadet-command sergeant major (C/CSM) during his junior year and attended ROTC Advanced Camp at Fort Lewis, Washington during the summer between his junior and senior years of college. After an injury during the summer, Willits completed two rotations, being assigned to both the first and seventh cadet regiments during that summer. He held the rank of cadet-major (C/MAJ) during his senior year and was assigned as the battalion training officer.
Tim Willits joined id Software in the same year after impressing the owners and development team with his Empire and Raven Series of Doom PWADs that he forged in his spare time and distributed free over the Internet. Willits has also worked on Strife , Quake, Quake II, Quake III Arena, and Quake III: Team Arena.
- E1M2: Castle of the Damned
- E1M3: the Necropolis
- E1M4: the Grisly Grotto
- E1M5: Gloom Keep
- E2M7: the Underearth
- E3M5: the Wind Tunnels
- E3M6: Chambers of Torment - With American McGee
- E4M1: the Sewage System
- DM1: Place of Two Deaths
- DM5: The Cistern
- DM6: The Dark Zone
- Tim Willits is the only level designer for Quake to have a level in each of the Episodes of Quake, ignoring the special Introduction and Shub-Niggurath's Pit placements.
- His favorite game of all time is Quake III Arena.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Game Informer #108: Quaking the Foundations
- ↑ Quake Champions Tim Willits interview – ‘People are afraid of Quake, which is kind of awesome’