I have fought them for so long that fighting is all I can remember... but sometimes the only way to defeat them is to become one of them.
From the dark and haunted lands of Bulgaria comes a grim warrior, who is determined to fight and prevail against the eternal forces of Quake. His weapons are not blades and bullets, but words and knowledge, for knowing thy enemy is the first step towards glorious victory.
He is now working to improve this compendium of Quake knowledge, so that the next generation of warriors will know the proud heritage of Quake and be prepared for their own battles against the darkness.
And so it begins...
- 1 About me
- 2 Quaking
- 3 Current Objectives
- 4 Editor of the Month :)
- 5 Quake Games/Expansions I Have Played
- 6 UNOFFICIAL Quake Add-ons I Have Played
- 7 Quake Games I Have NOT Played Yet
- 8 Other Games I Enjoy
- 9 Me on other Wikis
- 10 The Grammar Nazi
- 11 In Closing...
- 12 Links
Apart from gaming, I also love writing - fiction or poetry, depending on my mood. My favorite writer is Isaac Asimov and I've read nearly all of his works.
Occasionally, I write game reviews on MobyGames - you can see them here.
I am also working on the brand new Heretic/Hexen Wiki. Make sure you come and visit. If you are a fan of the series - feel free to contribute.
I always enjoy a friendly chat, so feel free to write me about anything that comes to your mind (even if it's not Quake-related).
I am an oldschool player - I use WinQuake for the original Quake, and the original software renderer for Quake II. In more recent times (2016) I have developed a keen interest in the UQE port by Jacques Krige.
Let the Quaking commence!
- Create and improve pages about Q2 / Q4-related stuff.
- Create pages for the Q3A and TA maps. (lots of work here)
- Take more screenshots.
- Have fun :)
Editor of the Month :)
Quake Games/Expansions I Have Played
- Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
- Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
- Episode 5: Dimensions of the Past
- Quake II
- Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
- Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
- Quake 3 Arena
- Quake 3 Team Arena
- Quake 4
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
UNOFFICIAL Quake Add-ons I Have Played
- Q2 (thanks to Deathstalker and his Stripper mod)
- Dark Hour (again, via Stripper)
- Aftershock for Quake
- Abyss of Pandemonium - this one is relatively good, actually. I recommend it :)
Quake Games I Have NOT Played Yet
Other Games I Enjoy
As a whole, I play a lot of old classics. I believe that games used to be made much better back in the old days, when fun and gameplay were a bit more important than graphics. A large part of my games collection requires DosBox to be played ;)
- id Software's DOOM series (all of it)
- id Software's Rage (still haven't played the sequel, but I will some day)
- id Software's Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 2009, The New Order / The Old Blood / The New Colossus
- Raven's Heretic & Hexen series
- Star Wars stuff (e.g. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Yoda Stories, Battlefront) & KOTOR / KOTOR II
- Rise of the Triad (and other classic Apogee titles)
- Descent, Descent II, Descent III (and their expansions)
- Blizzard's Diablo/Hellfire, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction... and StarCraft / WarCraft series
- Monolith's Blood, Blood II and Claw
- Aliens vs. Predator series
- Westwood's C&C and Dune series
- Infocom's old Zork series, Enchanter, Sorcerer, Spellbreaker, Wishbringer
- Gregory A. MacMartin's Radix: Beyond the Void
Me on other Wikis
The Grammar Nazi
Reading this Wiki is a lot more enjoyable when there aren't any silly mistakes in it. Our dark mistress, Shub-Niggurath, does not tolerate bad spelling & grammar, so please be careful, especially if you don't want your soul to be devoured and condemned to eternal suffering :)
Here is a guide to some of the more common mistakes these days. If you are in doubt about something, you can use this little guide:
It's and Its
- It's = "it is"
- Example: "It's time for you to go."
- Its = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to it"
- Example: "Watch out for that Shambler - its lightning bolt is deadly!"
There, Their and They're
- There = denotes location, as opposed to "here"
- Example: "I can see something over there."
- Their = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to them"
- Example: "The Strogg harvest human bodies to bolster their numbers."
- They're = "they are"
- Example: "Look at those damn gremlins. They're up to no good!"
We're, Were and Where
- We're = "we are"
- Example: "We're going to be late if you don't hurry up!"
- Were = past tense of "are"
- Example: "You were victorious yesterday."
- Where = pronoun denoting place/location
- Example: "Where is our air support?!?"
You're and Your
- You're = "you are"
- Example: "You're late for the party."
- Your = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to you"
- Example: "What happened to your friend from Rhino Squad?"
Who's and Whose
- Who's = "who is"
- Example: "Who's in charge here?"
- Whose = denotes possession
- Example: "Whose shotgun is this?"
Lose and Loose
- Lose = to cease to be in one's possession or capability
- Example: "You can lose a lot of money if you agree to this deal!"
- Loose = free from restraints, unfastened
- Example: "A wild bear is loose on the streets. Stay at home and lock the doors!"
If you have come this far, there is one more thing left for you to do. If you haven't done so already, create an account and start working on this Wiki. If there is something missing - add it. If there is something wrong - fix it. There is a lot of work to do, and if we don't do it, no one else will ;)
Enjoy the Quake Wiki!
Well Done! You have achieved 1000 edits! Keep this Certificate on your User page to show people how much you have contributed!